My landlord's son, (same boy that renamed me Uncle Festus some months ago) draws my attention to their new mobile mini swimming pool which his mum just acquired. I found him and his siblings bailing out the little water left in it so they could clean out the sand that settled underneath- an Herculean task indeed! He sighs and wipes his forehead so I could appreciate the fun he was having or the effort? I didn't quite understand. Then I proceed to where my vehicle is parked, broom in hand, did my stuff and made to go back inside my apartment when he stopped me again...
BOY: Err... Mr... Mr... (he fumbles in his head what my name was)
ME: Yes, Sean! (I quickly cut in before he gives me a Chinese name)
SEAN: Come and help me pack the water
ME: (I paused, looked at his half sisters for a bit and turned squarely to him)
But you need a packer not a bucket, because the water is below your ankle.
SEAN: (He and his other virgins continue to stare at me, like I wasn't wearing trousers. Then he says...) How come you have a broom and you don't have a packer?
ME: Have you seen the movie titled "Life of Pi"? (He shakes his head)
Pity, the movie has to do with a little boy and a swimming pool too... That means you don't even know Richard Parker.
SEAN: No! (Impatiently) Come and pack the water for me!
ME: (with a sarcastic smile) The last time I parked this car here, where this your plastic pool is now eh, your father said I could not park there. So, go and tell your father in particular, that he should wear his torn boxers and come down and pack your water for you. You hear!
Moments later, I heard his mum asking him where he got something from. Then answers and says...
SEAN: But mummy, it's... Uncle ... Uncle Parker that said I should use a packer to pack the water.
I FROZE! Who da hell is Uncle Parker???

No comments:
Post a Comment